[imp] cvs install

Thierry CHEN frms at webologix.com
Tue Sep 29 16:03:17 UTC 2009

Quoting Thierry CHEN <frms at webologix.com>:

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>

>> Quoting Thierry CHEN <frms at webologix.com>:

>>> And where is that " installed directory" ?
>>> How could I have guess it ?
>>
>> By reading. docs/INSTALL or http://horde.org/horde/docs/?f=INSTALL.html
>>
>> Section 3, Prerequisites: http://horde.org/horde/docs/?f=INSTALL.html#id3
>>
>> ...or reading the PEAR documentation to find out how to get the
>> location of your pear install path...or probably a multitude of other
>> ways.
>>
>> If you are going to use CVS code for a project written in PHP, it's
>> expected that you have a certain level of familiarity with PHP
>> related tools. Otherwise you would be better off with a distributed
>> release, such as one of the bundles that takes care of most of this
>> for you.
>>
> Thanks for your very good advices.
> I've read and execute all this. my include path contains
> /usr/share/php/PEAR where all pear modules have been installed. Is it
> what you call the "installed directory" or /var/www/horde/framework
> where I installed horde framework which is also in my include path ?
>
> There are many warnings when I execute intall-packages.php like :
>
> Installing iCalendar:
> warning: horde/iCalendar requires package "horde/Util"
> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/iCalendar-0.1.0
>
> But the "horde/Util" is in the framework directory where the
> install.packages.php[1]  excutes. And include_path contains also '.'.
> Is there another Util needed ?

For help to newbies like me:
Finally installed horde_3.3.4.RC1with success.
Had to read the script install_packages.php to understand what happens. No docs and no more horde's team help. The "framework" downloaded is not used as is but has to be installed as a PEAR package with install_packages script.
Some dependencies are not verified by install_packages (whitch is not present on all CVS branches) and I had to install the missed one through pear manually:

/# pear install --alldeps horde/Util/

untill no more warnings are seen on the website. Hope this will help.