[imp] MIME types problems

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Tue Dec 8 10:49:47 UTC 2009

Zitat von John Madden <jmadden at ivytech.edu>:

> Using horde-webmail-1.2.4, I'm experiencing an issue with certain
> MIME types (.dwg files from Autocad) that get attached and sent as
> text/plain rather than their real type.  I've played with the usual
> /etc/mime.types and adding types to Apache's configuration but so
> far, I've been unable to get IMP/DIMP to recognize the file type
> correctly.  Swinging in the dark, I've played with
> config/mime_drivers.php too.
>
> On the server side, I've duplicated this on Debian 5.0.3 and RHEL
> 5.4 with the standard Apache and PHP packages.  Clients Firefox, IE7
> and IE8 on Windows and Firefox on Linux all behave the same.
>
> Any pointers?

We had similar problems on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS some time ago.

This solved it for us (taken from an other list posting):

I had the same problem ; so, I looked at http://wiki.horde.org/MimeMagic
and found that |mime_magic.magicfile had to be defined in php.ini.
So I added this definition with the same magic file path as in
horde/config/conf.php (for me /usr/share/file/magic), and yet, MIME
types are correctly recognized (at least msword and msexcel)

Regards

Andreas