[imp] Charset iso-8859-15 decoding in imp/dimp or php issue?

deja3-user at bitrealm.com deja3-user at bitrealm.com
Thu Dec 17 18:38:29 UTC 2009

I have an email message that is not being decoded correctly by imp/dimp.  The mail message with headers can be downloaded here (I have obfuscated the text) and can be appended to your /var/mail/<user> file:

http://www.bitrealm.com/junk/mailmessage

If you open the file in mutt (mutt -f mailmessage), you will see the text that includes "the quick brown fox..." information.  If that mail message is opened by Horde/Imp/Dimp inline, that text is not shown.  If you click to view the HTML in a new window, you can see the text, or of you click to select the "unnamed" attachment, you view the text.  If viewing it inline, however, you don't see the first message and instead it starts with the "All the best..." text.  This is shown correctly using mimp by the way.  Why is the "the quick brown fox..." text not shown in-line for this message?

Currently running on Fedora 12, using php 5.3.1.

Address Book (turba)  H3 (2.3.2)
Calendar Calendar (kronolith) H3 (2.3.2)
Dynamic Mail Dynamic Mail (dimp) H3 (1.1.4)
File Manager File Manager (gollem) H3 (1.1.1).
Filters Filters (ingo) H3 (1.2.2)
Horde Horde (horde) 3.3.6
Mail Mail (imp) H3 (4.3.6)
Mobile Mail Mobile Mail (mimp) H3 (1.1.2)
Notes Notes (mnemo) H3 (2.2.3)
Password Password (passwd) H3 (3.1.2)
Tasks Tasks (nag) H3 (2.3.3)