[imp] Charset iso-8859-15 decoding in imp/dimp or php issue?

deja3-user at bitrealm.com deja3-user at bitrealm.com
Fri Dec 18 13:49:14 UTC 2009

> Zitat von deja3-user at bitrealm.com:
>
>> I have an email message that is not being decoded correctly by
>> imp/dimp.  The mail message with headers can be downloaded here (I
>> have obfuscated the text) and can be appended to your
>> /var/mail/<user> file:
>>
>> http://www.bitrealm.com/junk/mailmessage
>>
>> If you open the file in mutt (mutt -f mailmessage), you will see the
>> text that includes "the quick brown fox..." information.  If that
>> mail message is opened by Horde/Imp/Dimp inline, that text is not
>> shown.  If you click to view the HTML in a new window, you can see
>> the text, or of you click to select the "unnamed" attachment, you
>> view the text.  If viewing it inline, however, you don't see the
>> first message and instead it starts with the "All the best..." text.
>>  This is shown correctly using mimp by the way.  Why is the "the
>> quick brown fox..." text not shown in-line for this message?
>
> Because it's completely broken HTML code, and we clean the HTML prior
> to displaying it inline, so that it doesn't break the complete page.
>
> Jan.

But showing HTML in a new window displays the email correctly, is there no way to have horde display inline like the html in another window does?  The email reply that broke in-line viewing with horde came from some kind of Verizon cell phone.  I'm starting to see more of these, not sure which Verizon device might be doing this.  Viewing in Outlook in-line works fine.

Maybe if the html cleaning pass determines an issue, it can display the text in-line like "mutt" does?