[imp] Folder 'sent' when user language contains accents

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Sun Jan 3 21:50:29 UTC 2010

Citando Bruno Costacurta <techie at costacurta.org>:

> Hello,
>
> using an Horde + IMP in a french configuration, I receive an error
> when sending email (message here translated) : 'Unable to save email
> into 'Envoyé' folder'.
>
> How to avoid this ?
> Where is the french name 'Envoyé' defined ?

It is defined in the translation file imp/po/fr_FR.po for "Sent" which
in turn is defined in imp/config/prefs.php for 'sent_mail_folder' -
there is a note there about the character set to be used, probably not
respected in the translation (?). Take a look at
horde/docs/TRANSLATIONS. Try to modify the translation to "Envoye" at
(coting imp/po/fr_FR.po):

#: config/prefs.php.dist:263
msgid "Sent"
msgstr "Envoyé"

Try: msgstr "Envoye". You may need additional programs to translate.
Save the original files: imp/po/fr_FR.po and
imp/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/imp.mo.

If the new translation works, you should report it to the language
team - see at the beginning of the file fr_FR.po.

> Where can I force sent folder to a physical directory ? This can be
> done for Spam, Trash and Draft but unfortunately not for Sent via
> option 'Server and folder information'

Imp options, "Personal information", "Sent mail folder". But every
user should do it, so try a new translation.

Mauricio
--
Mauricio J. T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica C. C. F. - UFRJ