[imp] Folder 'sent' when user language contains accents

Bruno Costacurta techie at costacurta.org
Fri Jan 8 20:25:45 UTC 2010

>> Hello,
>>
>> using an Horde + IMP in a french configuration, I receive an error
>> when sending email (message here translated) : 'Unable to save email
>> into 'Envoy?' folder'.
>>
>> How to avoid this ?
>> Where is the french name 'Envoy?' defined ?
>
> It is defined in the translation file imp/po/fr_FR.po for "Sent" which
> in turn is defined in imp/config/prefs.php for 'sent_mail_folder' -
> there is a note there about the character set to be used, probably not
> respected in the translation (?). Take a look at
> horde/docs/TRANSLATIONS. Try to modify the translation to "Envoye" at
> (coting imp/po/fr_FR.po):
>
> #: config/prefs.php.dist:263
> msgid "Sent"
> msgstr "Envoy?"
>
> Try: msgstr "Envoye". You may need additional programs to translate.
> Save the original files: imp/po/fr_FR.po and
> imp/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/imp.mo.

Fine for modifications ft_FR.po
But how to modify imp/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/imp.mo ?
This file seems to be in a binary format.
Note : onmy modfying fr_FR.po does not replace the name of the folder.

> If the new translation works, you should report it to the language
> team - see at the beginning of the file fr_FR.po.
>
>> Where can I force sent folder to a physical directory ? This can be
>> done for Spam, Trash and Draft but unfortunately not for Sent via
>> option 'Server and folder information'
>
> Imp options, "Personal information", "Sent mail folder". But every
> user should do it, so try a new translation.

Thanks. (note: strange because the 'sent' folder setup this is not in
the same place where the others folders can be setup)