[imp] (imp) H3 (4.3.6) not using gpg-keys, gpg-plugin do not function with translated address

Erwin oezbilen at gmx.net
Wed Mar 3 04:02:23 UTC 2010

Hello @all,

i am using horde-webmail 1.2.5 with Webmail (imp)  H3 (4.3.6). Nice, a lot of
usefull functions, also gpg/pgp plugin.  But ...

The problem is, that i am using horde-webmail at home as an front-end for my
linux-box with exim. Also i *had* to translate my mail accounts on the
mailserver configured in horde-webmail, if i want to send into internet with my
public domain email-address. It works fine, also using horde-webmail, but only
*without* gpg-function on.

Mail accounts, using them internal at home (like user1 at home.domain ->
user1 at public.domain) will be changed to right one with my public mail-address. I
wanted to use gpg and configured on the linux-shell my keys, exported and
imported them to horde-webmail. Till now, working without any errors. Fine.

Fact is, with these (for user1 at public.domain) keys, if the mail should processed
with gpg, hw-webmail tell me, he cant find the public key (although imported
without any complaint), but if i change the keys to the internal-address
(user1 at home.domain) it works.

The idea of this construction is, the linux-box @home will catch all my public
mails, delivers them to the internal home-users (user1 etc). I can read/write my
mails with/on my own webmailer (horde-webmail) and send them on the same way
back. I do not need to give my keys to any provider, because horde (or linux
itself) should store them at home. Using webmail, i do not need any client.

The same scenario *with same keys* on a win32-Box, using Moz. + Enigmail sends
the mail with the internal @home.domain-address, using keys of
@public.domain-address through exim without *any* problem.

Another problem is the attached key in horde-webmail (only sending internal),
seamonkey can not see the attached keys, only something like Part 1.1.

How do i can convince horde-webmail to use my public.domain-keys at home with my
home.address ?

I think it is not wrong using horde, mailing this way, becauso the mail itself
will be right, with the right email-address; also seamonkey/enigmail can do it
without any problems, not telling me, can not find any public keys to configured
(internal) email-address.

Any idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance
Erwin