[imp] POP3 server support read vs unread messages

Andy Smith a.smith at ukgrid.net
Wed Mar 31 13:57:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

   I´m looking at using IMP as a webmail solution for pop3 based email
servers. Having configured up IMP to connect to my test server I found
that when viewing mails in the inbox that unread messages are not in
bold, so you cant tell which messages are read vs which are unread.
When connecting to the same server using IMAP unread messages are
clearly shown in bold text. Any ideas why POP3 isnt working for this?
Is this normal behaviour with IMP?

My software details are,
POP3 daemon: tpop3d v1.5.4
IMP version: 4.3.6