[imp] Domain based horde/config/config.php

steen at ing-steen.se steen at ing-steen.se
Mon Apr 12 19:08:49 UTC 2010

<20100411093203.Horde.xn3j2t46u800ok0c080kss80 at dev.theupstairsroom.com>

> Quoting steen at ing-steen.se:
>
> > Hello Folks!
> >
> > I tried for hours getting the various admins in our LDAP tree to see
and
> > manage only their users based on groups they belong to (there are
thousands
> > of users belonging to hundreds of admins).
> >
> > Result is Authentication settings, and it is in horde/config/config.php
> > (how to splecify filter for user lists). Here I can set the correct
ldap
> > filter, and that part works as expected.
> >
> > The con is I need one config.php for each domain, how do I do that, or
one
> > entire horde + imp installation in each domain document root, not nice
way
> > to maintain future updates etc. they would be hundreds of them to :-)
> >
> > How do I do that ?
> >
> > I see a flag in horde/config/config.php:
> >
> >       $conf['vhosts'] = false;
> >
> > What happens if I enable it ? Information is very sparce and I do not
see
> > to much on open internet either.
>
> The instructions for how to enable this are present on the
> configuration screen where you set this flag. In short, once this is
> enabled, you can create separate configuration files for each virtual
> host. e.g. If you have a host 'mailone.example.com' and
> 'mailtwo.example.com' you can create 'config-mailone.example.com.php'
> and 'config-mailtwo.example.com.php'
>
> --
> Mike
>
> --
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org
>
> "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.
Einstein

Hello Mike!

Thanks for the swift answer!

I tried now the same file name standard as you have here, config- instead
of conf-
Result is still the same, it does not work..

And yes conf.php has: $conf['vhosts'] = true;

Horde is version 3.3.6 (imp is setup to use horde login and password, if
that can make any difference here.)

I did login to my lab domain solklart.net/horde as the administrative user,
then I did pick Setup -> Horde, did a small change and applyed the
configuration. After that I did do an ls -ltr horde/config/conf*

-rw-rw---- 1 apache apache   332 Apr 12 22:19 config-solklart.net.php
-rw-rw---- 1 apache apache   332 Apr 12 22:19 conf-solklart.net.php
-rw-rw---- 1 apache apache  6925 Apr 12 22:59 conf.php
-rw-rw---- 1 apache apache  6925 Apr 12 22:59 conf.bak.php

As one can see, the conf.php is touched and config||conf -solklart.net.php
is untouched. Nowere in any logfiles I can see that horde tries to open the
domain based files.

The DNS and apache is setup correctly and points ot the "virtual domain",
and resolves everything as it should.

Apache is setup also correctly using the standard conf.d/horde.conf and
conf/httpd.conf containing the virtualhost. I have tried to have the "horde
pointer" inside the httpd.conf virtualhost declaration, but result is the
same.

What more is needed to make this work ?

Or do they need to separate the virutal hosts via IP addresses to work ?, I
am fully stuck here now.

Regards //
       //  Peter Steen

McAfee check.