[imp] Limit ldap user lists based on group membership.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Apr 13 09:20:00 UTC 2010

Zitat von steen at ing-steen.se:

> Hello Folks!
>
> How do I limit user list based on a the ldap group of the administrator
> logged in (all is posix users and groups + shadow account) ?
>
>       In my case ldap group is same as the logged in users mail domain.
>       I have been looking around in the code, admin/user.php uses $users =
> $auth->listUsers(); for listing users.
>
> Or.. maby Horde was not designed for more advanced user administration
> tasks..

No, it's not indeed. You can try to work around this by adding some
PHP code to horde/config/conf.php. You can change the filters in the
auth configuration dynamically, based on the current user. If your
user names are full DNs, you can simply extract the group from
Auth::getAuth(). Otherwise you'd have to do a separate LDAP lookup.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/