[imp] Maximum message body size

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Tue Jun 15 15:36:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using Groupware 1.2.2 with IMP 4.3.3.  I notice that if a message is
composed with more than about 60K bytes of text in the body of the message,
when the message is sent, the apache thread processing the request will go
into a tight CPU loop for a short time.  Then the message is sent.  However,
any message with body text that is more than a bit over 60KB (perhaps 64K)
will arrive as blank.

I know there are limitations on how much text can be typed in the text box
that appears on the browser.  Is there anything in IMP such as javascript
that will alert the user if they have exceeded the limits?  Right now, any
message with a large body is basically sent as a blank message (using IE and
Firefox).

Thanks,

Aria