[imp] Problem with DIMP and fr_FR

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Mon Jul 26 13:36:31 UTC 2010

On 25 Jul 2010 at 3:55, Gregory Colpart wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 12:26:22AM +0200, Gregory Colpart wrote:
>

> > I have a strange problem with DIMP and fr_FR:
> > impossible to have DIMP texts in french...
> >
> > Some details:
> >
> > - I use Horde 3.3.8, IMP 4.3.7 and DIMP 1.1.4 on Debian.
> > - I test it on 2 differents servers.
> > - French locales are well generated, and Apache restarted (even
> >   system rebooted in fact).
> > - I have french texts for Horde and IMP... but not DIMP.
> > - For spanish or italian, DIMP works well!
> > - I tried to regenerate dimp.mo from fr_FR.po, to regenerate
> >   fr_FR.po and translate only 2 or 3 texts... without success.
> >
> > Any idea for me?
>
> No idea/answer for me, then I explain how I regenerate dimp.mo:
>
> 1. delete all .po / .pot files
> 2. ./translation.php extract --module=dimp
> 3. ./translation.php init --module=dimp --locale=fr_FR --no-compendium
> 4. vim ../dimp/po/fr_FR.po and add some translations
> 5. ./translation.php cleanup
> 6. ./translation.php update --module=dimp --locale=fr_FR --no-compendium

Updating is like extract, except that it keeps translations and adds
new words (in english) that have benn added to the module. So, doing
the update after editing your translation, you have just thrown it
away. Just 'make' it after doing your translation (step 4).

> 7. ./translation.php make --no-compendium

Make it just for your module:
./translation.php make  --module=dimp --locale=fr_FR  --no-compendium

Mauricio

> 6. cd ../dimp/po/
> 7. msgfmt fr_FR.po
> 8. rename messages.mo to the right path and restart Apache
>
> Always no translation. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Gregory COLPART <reg at gcolpart.com>

Mauricio J. T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
Edificio do Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Bloco G
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Brasil