[imp] Fwd: testing... (Not able to view the attachment)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Aug 26 19:32:46 UTC 2010

Quoting RAKESH KUMAR <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> Dear List,
>
> There is one application called YaWebMail.  Using Yawebmail, if a
> mail is sent which is having attachment (image), IMP does not show
> that attachment whereas same mail forwarded to
> Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoomail the attachment is shown seperately.
>
> I am forwarding this as a sample to the list.  Are you able to see
> the attachment as part of mail using Horde/IMP interface?  We are
> using latest stable release of Horde/IMP.

This message is broken.  It appears the mailer was trying to attach
the text & image part as a message/rfc822 part, but it did so
incorrectly.  The MIME part that contains that data should look like:

------=_Part_138_1883402306.1282558120569

	by dnserns.isac.gov.in (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 2CEB210D1
	for <asa at isac.gov.in>; Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:27:25 +0530 (IST)
[...]

instead it looks like:

------=_Part_138_1883402306.1282558120569
	by dnserns.isac.gov.in (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 2CEB210D1
	for <asa at isac.gov.in>; Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:27:25 +0530 (IST)
[...]

Looks like that is confusing c-client -or- is a limitation of the IMP
4 MIME rendering (it gets rendered as a multipart/mixed inside of a
multipart/mixed).  Either way, this will not be fixed in IMP 4.

In IMP 5, this is rendered correctly.

michael