[imp] Automatic Read Receipt processing

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Aug 26 19:56:52 UTC 2010

Quoting Patrick Healy <pjhealy at healyville.com>:

> Hi,
>
> This has probably been hashed out a number of times before.  I'm
> hoping someone can help me...
>
> I have Horde Webmail installed in a local town government.  They're
> very happy with the interface and have adapted to widespread use of
> it.  However, there is one thing missing that they require.
>
> A number of the department heads would like to have an automatic
> read receipt sent to them when they send official communications to
> other staff members.  Can anyone offer a suggestion on how/where to
> modify the code sot that the end user is not prompted to confirm
> that the 'read receipt' should be sent.  Ideally, this should only
> work on messages sent from the town's domain.

There is no way of doing this in IMP 4.  In IMP 5 there is an option
to always send a MDN if requested, although it is extremely dangerous
and discouraged (easy way for spam messages to phish and determine
valid e-mail addresses).

However, your request is a valid idea so I have implemented a hook
(IMP 5 only) that allows an admin to determine when the MDN prompting
should be skipped.

michael