[imp] Horde cache problem

Jochen Roderburg Roderburg at Uni-Koeln.DE
Wed Sep 29 09:42:23 UTC 2010

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>> I delete the mail now in the Old IMP (IMAP delete) and it is shown
>> there as deleted. In Thunderbird it is also immediately shown as
>> deleted. In the New IMP
>> it is *not* shown as deleted, and I do not find a way to persuade
>> it to display this correctly. No webmail refreshes help, no Browser
>> refreshes. I can logout and re-login. I can login on different
>> systems with different browsers, everywhere it is displayed as not
>> deleted. It even survives a complete server restart.
>
> This is expected behavior. Due to limitations in the PHP imap
> extension, IMAP flag changes outside of IMP can't be detected when
> using either "msgcache" or "mlistcache" in the IMP configuration. I
> can't remember which one.

Thanks for this important information. So this means that these
optimizations can also only be used when you don't use other mail
programs besides IMP. That is of course not an option here, we can't
force our 40000 university users to use only Webmail. What a pity, the
mailbox cache really made the mailbox displays noticeably faster.

If it is really only one of the two options which causes the problem,
I would guess it *is* mlistcache. I'll try both of them separately and
see what happens.

Is this a thing which will be different in your upcoming own IMAP PHP
library, which was mentioned occasionally here?

Best Regards,
Jochen Roderburg