[imp] Weird Problem with New Mail Notifications

Joe Besko jbesko at msu.edu
Mon Nov 1 20:07:42 UTC 2010

I've been trying to track down a problem we've been having with new
mail notifications using Horde Webmail v1.2.6.  I have noticed a
couple of things,

1. When I don't have any filters set (using sql driver), I get the
notice and sound just fine.
2. If I have *any* filter set, the notification does not work (after
logging out and logging back in).  If I clear the filter, log out and
then log back in, the notification and sound works fine again.

I ran some debugging on these scenarios, and found a possible cause.
When the filters are not run, the IMAP $recent flag is unchanged.  But
when there are filters to run, the IMAP $recent flag gets changed to
zero and I believe imap_check in ingo/lib/IMAP/Search.php:44 is
probably causing the $recent flag to be reset to zero.

I was wondering if this is a "bug" and/or something that could be
changed without causing the $recent flag from being changed?

Thanks.

--

Joe Besko                      Phone:        517.432.5335
Systems Programmer             Fax:          517.353.9847