[imp] Dealing With Broken Messages

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Mon Nov 15 00:32:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 14:50 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 09:07 -0700, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> > Quoting Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at opengroupware.us>:
> > > Horde 3.3.4 / IMAP H3 4.3.4 / PHP 5.2.12
> > > PEAR: Mail_Mime 1,5,2  Mail_mimeDecode 1.5.0
> > > What is the best means to deal with broken messages?
> > > I have user's receiving messages from a vendor / customer that seem to
> > > be broken (I don't see a MIME separator in the message source; it
> > > doesn't appear to be a multi-part message.  The message body appears
> > > like -
> > > begin 666 mail8619.pdf
> > > M)5!$1BTQ+C8*)>3CS](*,2`P(&]B:@I;+U!$1B]);6%G94(O26UA9V5#+TEM
> > > M86=E22]497AT70IE;F1O8FH*-B`P(&]B:@H\/"],96YG=&@@-R`P(%(*+T9I
> > > M;'1E<B]&;&%T941E8V]D90H^/@IS=')E86T*>)S-5EMOZD80?N=7C)2'YB`,
> > > MZPO7ATH$G(;3<"EV6O5QL1>\E?'2]9J$_OK.&FP,2=1$/57/)`BSEV]FOKG
> > And it works in IMP as well, but you have to enable uudecoding.  Set
> > 'uuencode' to true in imp/config/mime_drivers.php.  Note that this can
> > be a large performance hit (every text/plain message needs to be
> > scanned for uudecode data).
> Yep, that works.  The name and a link now appear as the body of the
> message.
> Sadly, clicking on the link (or the adjacent download link) results in
> the dreaded white-page-of-death.

That issue was site-specific; found out that the tmpfs was failing all
file creation with insufficient-space even though it reported empty
space.  A simple unmount / remount of the tmpfs resolved the issue.

It is working great now - Happy Users!  Thanks.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at opengroupware.us>