[imp] Anybody using imp with dovecot/imap?

Harlan Stenn Harlan.Stenn at pfcs.com
Wed Nov 17 21:33:23 UTC 2010

I'm having no luck with imp (4.3.9) when accessing IMAP folders that are
managed by dovecot (1.2.14).  Thunderbird (for example) has no problems,
however.  Imp sees the correct number of read/total messages in a
folder, but when trying to display the messages, all I get is "There are
no messages in this mailbox."  It has been suggested this is a cclient
problem, but so far I haven't figured out what it could be.

I'm not seeing any corruption in any of the individual mail messages.

I have tried messages with and without initial "From " lines.

No error messages (or warnings) in the log files.

If you are successfully using imp and dovecot together, would you please
be so kind as to send me your config files so I could compare them with
mine?

I'm using virtual domains with dovecot, in case that matters.

Harlan