[imp] Disposition Notification reg.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Mon Dec 27 10:26:52 UTC 2010

Dear List:

We have 'Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.7' setup.  I am yet to
upgrade to 'Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.9'.

If a mail is composed using IMP and when option request-read receipt
is used, IMP asks the recipient to confirm whether read-receipt
notification to be sent or not.  This is what we also expect.

But today we observed that, there are some mails for which disposition
notifications are being sent without recipients knowledge whenever the
mail contains header 'Disposition-Notification-To' (that is for mails
received from elsewhere and being read in our Horde/IMP setup).

Can somebody confirm this behaviour?

Regards,
ANANT.

Regards,