[imp] Unknown folders in INBOX list

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Thu Dec 30 17:09:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-29 at 17:28 +0100, Simon Brereton wrote:
> > There are some folder's appearing in all my users INBOX list that
> > aren't supposed to be there.
> > When I list the user's folder in the mail server the "unwanted"
> > folder does nor appear but in imp's Inbox list it appears.
> > Does any one know what's going on?
> Probably they are put there by some mail client that thinks it knows
> better.  The Android email application is especially bad about this.
> So now I have a sent folder and a Sent folder.

Use k9mail on the Android.
<http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/>

It has worked very well for me;  the default/built-in mail client seems
to be deliberate crap in order to create pressure to use gmail
[seriously, nobody in 2010 would make that bad an e-mail client by
accident].

That is right up there with their being no CalDAV support; even the @*(^
$(&* iPhone has that.