[imp] unable to save sent message

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Mon Jan 31 13:32:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 01:59:48PM -0600, Rick Romero wrote:
> You need to change your imp/config/prefs.php to 'INBOX.Sent' instead of
> just 'Sent'.
>
>   Or edit your identity under Personal Options, and reselect your Sent
> mail folder.
>
>   Rick

I ran into this same problem. The default Sent folder seems to now (4.3.9)
be ".Sent", and with my cyrus back-end and not using alternate namespace,
this is outside the user's namespace.

This behavior seems to have changed since 4.2, the version I'm upgrading from.

I tried as per above changing prefs.php to 'INBOX.Sent', but then this
intruduces a separate INBOX hierarchy to the user's folder view.

Is there some way to get the old behavior back? At least with my setup
4.2 just plain worked, and now with 4.3.9, I can't get it to drop the
leading period it's passing to the IMAP server from from .Sent unless
I specify INBOX.Sent in prefs.php, which causes other problems here.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)
Web: http://mgtinternet.com/