[imp] Strange email problem with Horde

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 22:30:33 UTC 2011

Hello!  New to Horde, I installed on my slackware server and so far
everything works perfectly except I experice a strange problem with
the email portion of the groupware and its rather difficult to explain
but I'll do the best I can.

Yesterday I had 8 emails in my inbox.  I opened an email to read its
content and noticed the email did not display properly.  The text was
missing (text body), its attachment was present, and an attachment of
a different email (later called second attachment) was also attached
to it!  I assumed a bug and clicked "Return to Inbox" to get back to
the inbox.

Once I was back in the inbox, I noticed the number of emails in the
inbox went down by one, so down to 7 emails... The email that had the
second attachment was missing.  I did not delete anything!

What happened with the emails?  Where the email went?
Thanks to all!  *And congrats for this wonderful project !!!*

Sorry about this lengthy text, this is the output of the horde test page:

Horde Version

   - Horde: 3.3.11

Horde Applications

   - Dimp: H3 (1.1.6)
   - Horde: 3.3.11
   - Imp: H3 (4.3.9) (run Imp tests<http://192.168.0.101/horde/imp/test.php>
   )
   - Ingo: H3 (1.2.5) (run Ingo tests<http://192.168.0.101/horde/ingo/test.php>
   )
   - Kronolith: H3 (2.3.5) (run Kronolith
tests<http://192.168.0.101/horde/kronolith/test.php>
   )
   - Mimp: H3 (1.1.3)
   - Mnemo: H3 (2.2.4)
   - Nag: H3 (2.3.6)
   - Turba: H3 (2.3.5) (run Turba
tests<http://192.168.0.101/horde/turba/test.php>
   )

PHP Version

   - View phpinfo()
screen<http://192.168.0.101/horde/test.php?mode=phpinfo&url=%2Fhorde%2Ftest.php>
   - View loaded
extensions<http://192.168.0.101/horde/test.php?mode=extensions&url=%2Fhorde%2Ftest.php>
   - PHP Version: 5.2.13
   - PHP Major Version: 5.2
   - PHP Minor Version: 13
   - PHP Version Classification: release
   - *You are running a supported version of PHP.*

PHP Module Capabilities

   - Ctype Support: *Yes*
   - DOM XML Support: *Yes*
   - FTP Support: *Yes*
   - GD Support: *Yes*
   - Gettext Support: *Yes*
   - GeoIP Support (via PECL extension): *No*
   *Horde can optionally use the GeoIP extension to provide faster country
   name lookups.*
   - Iconv Support: *Yes*
   - GNU Iconv Support: *Yes*
   - IMAP Support: *Yes*
   - Imagick Library: *No*
   *Horde can make use of the Imagick Library, if it is installed on your
   system. It is highly recommended to use either ImageMagick's convert utility
   or the Imagick php library for faster results.*
   - JSON Support: *Yes*
   - LDAP Support: *Yes*
   - LZF Compression Support: *No*
   *If the lzf PECL module is available, Horde can compress some cached data
   in your session to make your session size smaller.*
   - Mbstring Support: *Yes*
   - PCRE Support: *Yes*
   - PCRE UTF-8 Support: *Yes*
   - Mcrypt Support: *Yes*
   - memcached Support (memcache): *No*
   *The memcache PECL module is only needed if you are using a memcached
   server for caching or sessions. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on
   how to install PECL/PHP extensions.*
   - MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): *No*
   *The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see below)
   will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in Horde
   PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
   PECL/PHP extensions.*
   - MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): *No*
   *The fileinfo PECL module (see above) or the mime_magic PHP extension
   will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in Horde
   PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
   PECL/PHP extensions.*
   - MySQL Support: *Yes*
   - OpenSSL Support: *Yes*
   - PostgreSQL Support: *No*
   *The PostgreSQL extension is only required if you want to use a
   PostgreSQL database server for data storage.*
   - Session Support: *Yes*
   - XML Support: *Yes*
   - Zlib Support: *Yes*

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

   - magic_quotes_runtime disabled: *Yes*
   - memory_limit value: 128M
   *If PHP's internal memory limit is not set high enough Horde will not be
   able to handle large data items (e.g. large mail attachments in IMP). You
   should set the value of memory_limit in php.ini to a sufficiently high value
   - at least 64M is recommended.*
   - safe_mode disabled: *Yes*
   - session.use_trans_sid disabled: *Yes*
   - session.auto_start disabled: *Yes*
   - zlib.output_compression disabled: *Yes*
   - zend_accelerator.compress_all disabled: *Yes*

File Uploads

   - file_uploads enabled: *Yes*
   - upload_max_filesize: 8M
   - post_max_size: 10000M
   This value should be several times the expect largest upload size
   (notwithstanding any upload limits present in an application). Any upload
   that exceeds this size will cause any state information sent along with the
   uploaded data to be lost. This is a PHP limitation and can not be worked
   around.

Required Horde Configuration Files

   - config/conf.php: *Yes*
   - config/mime_drivers.php: *Yes*
   - config/nls.php: *Yes*
   - config/prefs.php: *Yes*
   - config/registry.php: *Yes*

PHP Sessions

   - Session counter: 1
   - To unregister the session: click
here<http://192.168.0.101/horde/test.php?mode=unregister>

PEAR

   - *PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path)*:
   /var/www/htdocs/horde/lib:/var/www/htdocs/horde/lib/../pear/php
   - PEAR: *Yes*
   - Recent PEAR: *Yes*
   - Mail: *Yes*
   - Mail_Mime: *Yes*