[imp] UW-imap 'imap_config' configuration and high load

Piotr Legiecki piotrlg at pum.edu.pl
Thu Feb 3 13:44:04 UTC 2011

Hi

I was a long time horde/2imp3 user. And it worked. Recently I have
upgraded to horde3/imap4 (debian/lenny) and the problem rised. The point
is about namespaces of course and I am aware of this.

We have imap (UW-Imap) server on one machine and horde3 on another. Of
course our clients (outlook etc) are configured (hardcoded) to use mail/
folders. With imp3 it was not a problem, with imp4 there are some
solutions and I have choosen this one:

> 'imap_config' => array(
>         'children' => false,
>         'namespace' => array(
>             'mail/' => array(
>                 'name' => 'mail/',
>                 'delimiter' => '/',
>                 'type' => 'personal',
>                 'hidden' => false,
>             ),
>         ),
>         'search_charset' => array(
>             'UTF-8' => true,
>             'ISO8859-2' => true,
>       ),
>     ),

But it works only in testing environment. when there are many
connections to the imap server it (the imap server) just dies with 'w'
pointing to 200 or more.

So my question is. What to do with this? How to tune the imap_config
properly (if it is not good already).

How to check if it is the right imap_config configuration?

And why the imap server has so big load?

Regards
P.