[imp] SSL and horde

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 8 19:56:12 UTC 2011

Quoting Wolfgang Rauchholz <wp.rauchholz at theragafamily.com>:

> I want to access horde through SSL.

There are horde settings which control this which you want to make sure
you set...

> I changed mod-rewrite.con accordingly and whist with other webpages
> it works fine, I get he following error message with horde:
>
> Problem loading the page!
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
> www.theragafamily.com.com.

What do the apache and/or horde logs show?

> extract from mod-rewrite.conf
>
> Works: RewriteRule ^/pictures/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/pictures/$1 [R,L]
> Does not work: RewriteRule ^/webmail/(.*)
> https://%{SERVER_NAME}/webmail/$1 [R,L]

Seems like even if you come in https, it would try to redirect to https,
if that is all the code you have...  Maybe you left some out?

I use the following:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog logs/rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel 0