[imp] IMP5 and Dovecot

arnaud icard arnaud.icard at univ-avignon.fr
Thu Feb 17 16:15:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am currently installing Horde4 from git' sources and everything
bundled to it.

I have a problem with IMP.
When I try to use our IMAP server, the Horde's interface freeze.

Thanks to Wireshark, I've been able to determine that Horde send a CAPA
command.
Horde is then notified that this command is incorrect (should use
CAPABILITY instead of CAPA).
At this point Horde stays still.
The connection is then closed by the IMAP server due to inactivity.

I have searched through the Horde' sources and found that the onlye
place where CAP is used is in the file :
framework/Imap_Client/lib/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket/Pop3.php

Wait what!?? Pop3?? Oo

Weird isn't it ?

Am I missing something there ?

Here is an extract of the backends.php file (almost everything else is
commented) :
$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP UAPV Server',
     'hostspec' => 'imap.univ-avignon.fr',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'protocol' => 'imap/tls/novalidate-cert',
     'port' => 143,
     'secure' => 'tls',
     'maildomain' => 'univ-avignon.fr',
     'quota' => array(