[imp] imp 5.0-RC2 configuration issue

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Tue Apr 5 14:27:26 UTC 2011

From: imp-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:imp-bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Ralf Lang
Am Montag, 4. April 2011, 21:00:05 schrieb Simon Brereton:
> > From: imp-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:imp-
> > bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Simon Brereton
> > > One thing I haven't done (or been able to do) is configure a
> > > connection to the IMAP server.  Is that the issue perhaps?
> >
> > I think after looking at my configuration for a little longer the
> > reason I can't find any specific configuration for the imap server,
> > is because the old one just used the default.  I've mimicked that
> > (but turned off tls until I get it working).  I put it in
> > backends.local.php (that's where it should go, yes)?
> >
> > > The only - and I mean only - thing in the logs is:
> > >
> > > 2011-04-01T15:29:37+01:00 ERR: HORDE [horde] SQL QUERY FAILED:
> > > SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1051 Unknown table
> > > 'imp_sentmail_seq'
> > >
> > >         DROP TABLE `imp_sentmail_seq` [pid 30000 on line 782 of
> > >
> > > "/usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Base.php"]
> > >

> > > Also, I'm confused as where to set up the IMAP server because
> > > embarrassingly I can't find it in the old H3/IMP4 set up.
>
> I've found this.  I'd left it as the default, because the local imap
> server was on localhost and not using SSL, so the defaults were quite
> fine (as they should be now).
>
> I'm still no closer to fixing this, so anyone have any pointers?

imp/config/backends.php may be what you are looking for: Define which imap servers are there and how to connect to them.

This is what I have in backends.local.php

312 $servers['imap'] = array(
313     // ENABLED by default
314     'disabled' => false,
315     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
316     'hostspec' => 'localhost',
317     'hordeauth' => false,
318     'protocol' => 'imap',
319     'port' => 143,
320     // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC 3501
321     // [6.2.3])
322 //    'secure' => 'tls',
323     'secure' => 'false',
324     'maildomain' => '',
325     // 'smtphost' => 'smtp.example.com',
326     // 'smtpport' => 25,
327     'cache' => false,
328 );

It doesn't matter if I have it in backends.local.php or backends.php I have the same problem.  Just the grey bar with icons and a white screen.  And nothing in the logs.  I turned tls off in case it was the issue.  It doesn't make a difference.

Simon

And this is what I have in my current running H3 config:

223 $servers['_prompt'] = array(
224     'name' => _("Choose a mail server:")
225 );
226
227 /* Example configurations: */
228