[imp] IMP H4 (5.0) (final)

Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Wed Apr 6 14:57:42 UTC 2011

Jan Schneider wrote:

>>> pear install horde/imp
>>>

>> That is most certainly not the way I want to do such an
>> install/upgrade. ;-)
>
> Why not?

Me too.

I'm not sure about where "pear install" put things. If it does it inside the php tree, it's bad for us.

We run horde on a solaris zone. php is in a read only filesystem (the global zone), shared
by other zones which have nothing to do with horde.

Another reason is the way we manage our systems - we may use package tools such as pear, pkgadd, and
so for base tools (os tools, compilers, languages, ...). We don't use these kind of tools to install
applications. We have some reasons to do this. This may not be the easiest way, but this is how we
do, and we want to continue this way. Other people may do differently...

JM

>> Will there also be downlöoadable tar files for the components and/or
>> the whole Horde-Webmail package as before?
>
> Maybe at some point. But this isn't anything we're working on right now.
> Of course you can download an unpack all PEAR packages manually.
>
> Jan.

  Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ           http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
  Ecole des Mines de Paris
  60, bd Saint Michel                      75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06
  mailto:Jose-Marcio.Martins at mines-paristech.fr