[imp] IMP H4 (5.0) (final)

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Apr 6 15:59:08 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2011, 16:57:42 schrieb Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz:

> >> That is most certainly not the way I want to do such an
> >> install/upgrade. ;-)
> >
> > Why not?
>
> Me too.
>
> I'm not sure about where "pear install" put things. If it does it inside
> the php tree, it's bad for us.

Just because you use pear as a tool, you don't have to use your system's pear
directories.

You can configure this via command line arguments or pear settings.
Example (taken from rpm packaging)

pear -v -c pearrc \
        -d php_dir=/where/pear/libraries/go \
        -d doc_dir=/docs \
        -d bin_dir=/usr/bin \
        -d data_dir=/where/pear/libraries/go/data \
        -d test_dir=/some/dir/for/php/tests \
        -d ext_dir=/usr/lib \
        -d horde_dir=/srv/www/htdocs/horde4/    \
        -s

creates a local, custom pear-rc where things in the horde role go to srv www,
other things go to other places (make up whatever you need)

pear -c pearrc install Horde_Editor

installs Horde_Editor to the place all parts belong according to your custom
pearrc.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer