[imp] Problem using hooks

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Wed Apr 13 17:39:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have installed Horde Webmail 1.2.9 accessing my IMAP server (Dovecot
1.2.16 with LDAP backend) and it works.

However, from_addr and fullname fields are blank when composing a new
email (unless user defines them explicitly in preferences).

So, in order to have the above fields pre-populated (to make the
environment more user-friendly to new users), I have tried to use hooks
to access our LDAP server and read mail and cn fields directly and I
have changed horde/config/prefs.php as follows (that is, I have added:
'hook' => true,):

    $_prefs['fullname'] = array(
         'value' => '',
         'locked' => false,
         'shared' => true,
         'type' => 'text',
         'hook' => true,
         'desc' => _("Your full name:")
    );

    $_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
         'value' => '',
         'locked' => false,
         'shared' => true,
         'type' => 'text',
         'hook' => true,
         'desc' =>  _("Your From: address:")
    );

and I have modified / uncommented the respective functions in
/config/hooks.php accordingly:

    function _prefs_hook_fullname($user = null)
    function _prefs_hook_from_addr($user = null)

However, nothing changes; it seems as if hooks are not being observed. I
have even tried to run called functions without the @ prefix, to see any
error logging, but I don't see any errors whatsoever.

I also tried to use:

    $_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
    //    'value' => '',
         'locked' => false,
         'shared' => true,
         'type' => 'text',
         'hook' => true,
         'desc' =>  _("Your From: address:")
    );

but still nothing changed.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do something more to enable the
above hooks?

Thanks,
Nick