[imp] Memcache Issue

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Thu May 5 18:46:08 UTC 2011

Hi

Yesterday I ran pear upgrade -c horde to upgrade imp to solve the missing IMP_Ajax issue from 5.0.2

During the installation, I was asked a question about memcache.  I'd previously not touched memcache, but since the default answer was yes, that's what I went with.  (Unfortunately, I don't remember what the question was).

Since then I'm getting half-hourly emails from the cron daemon with the subject:

[ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && find /var/lib/php5/ -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime) -delete

And in the body:

PHP Warning:  Module 'memcache' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

I have no wish really to set up a memcache server (it's disabled in the horde tab).

Does anyone know what I might actually have said yes to?
How I can revert it?
Or otherwise fix the complaint from the cron daemon?  "Unknown" is not exactly helpful in pointing me in the right direction...

Thanks.

Simon