[imp] db migration and sorting

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon May 23 10:26:29 UTC 2011

http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING

> 2. what can be done to display folder list in alphabetical order for
> selected language - for example letter "č" in Latvian follows "c",
> not "z"
>
> Horde 1.0.8 places national letters before A, 1.2.9 and Horde4/IMP5 - after Z

We use strnatcasecmp and strcasecmp for sorting mailboxes. Those have
the advantage of correctly sorting mailboxes with numbers and being
binary-safe. For better locale-specific sorting, we would have to use
strcoll, but this function doesn't support either of the former
features.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/