[imp] IMP not selecting right identity for reply

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jun 7 14:25:41 UTC 2011

Quoting Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:

> Citējot Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> I'd suggest to write about it in help on preferences - about
>>> identities there is not a word said.
>>
>> Patch?
>
> gladly, but for me the functions of some of the fields of Identity
> are blurred:
>
> for example:
> Default location to use for location-aware features.  - what's this?

Just what it says. Some applications have some location related
features. For example, it's possible to configure kronolith to display
weather information directly on calendar views. One way it can
determine the location to display is by using this setting.

> as well as the intention behind tied addresses and alternate e-mail
> addresses.

Tied addresses is exactly what you just discovered. If an email from
one of these addresses is replied to, the identity tied to this
address is used. The reply-to address is also exactly what it sounds
like, it's the address used as the reply-to address in emails that
this identity sends.

> Who could better describe them than developer?

...someone who just learned what they are for and has both the time to
contribute and the desire to give back to an open source project they
use ;)

--mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org