[imp] Heads up for those using IMP3 alongside a testing installation or IMP4 on the same machine

David david at unsolicited.net
Wed Jun 8 20:16:22 UTC 2011

Hi

I've been running a Horde/Imp 4 alongside my production version for a while now. Outgoing mail uses SMTP AUTH. Because I'm keeping the Horde 4 up-to-date I'm running pear upgrade --alldeps regularly.
Recently an upgrade to Mail::factory() seems to have changed the meaning of params['auth'] from a string auth type to a boolean. My outgoing mail on IMP3 broke!

I've patched the source in imp/lib/Compose.php to add $params['auth'] = TRUE; (working around the issue)

Cheers
David