[imp] Empty Trash causes timeout - Bug?

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Jun 15 12:25:23 UTC 2011

> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> <snip>
>>
>> On the new H4/Imp5 server, hitting "Empty Trash" in either Dynamic
>> or Traditional times out:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Once that has happened, nothing works in H4/Imp5 without returning
>> the same errors, until I restart Apache on the Horde Server.
>
> Bug #10224.  Also, please don't post error messages from your proxy,
> since they are worthless.
>
> michael

Thanks Michael. My apologies - the proxy was the only log that had
anything that seemed at all relevant.

However, this is not fixed yet.

Just updated to the new releases this morning (H4.0.6, I5.0.7), and
tried to Empty the Trash folder in Dynamic view this evening.

Instant Segfault in Apache on the Horde box.

[Wed Jun 15 22:09:15 2011] [notice] child pid 14367 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

I have a "trap" that runs and picks these up and restarts Apache when
it detects a SegFault (APC causes them occasionally) so the impact is
just a couple of "Error when communicating with the server" messages
(and trash not emptied). Thought that may have been coincidence, so
retried, and again instant segfault. Same error in Apache logs. Even
at Debug level I am not seeing anything that I can pick as relevant in
the Horde log.

Does exactly the same in Traditional View when I hit Empty Trash, and
this is reproducible at will...

Simon.