[imp] default reply behavior in dimp/imp

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Aug 15 22:39:12 UTC 2011

Quoting Nick <whatdoyouwant at gmail.com>:

> It seems that when I hit "Reply" it defaults to reply all.  Is there any way
> to change this?  I see the "You are currently replying to ALL recipients.
> Click this box to reply to the original sender instead" in dimp's compose
> window, but my users shouldn't always have to click this.

And this is almost certainly what is wanted.  Replying must be
analyzed from the point of view of the ORIGINAL sender of the message.
  He/she believed the message was appropriate/pertinent to send to a
group of people.  Thus, a response to the email thread needs to,
likewise, go to all members of that group.
   If you want to send a personal message (i.e. breaking the thread),
you need to EXPRESSLY indicate that intention.

Thus, we have no plans for making this configurable.  You can alter
the code as you wish on your installation, of course.

michael