[imp] IMP (Dynamic) - Date in preview window does not show the time

Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 22:56:56 UTC 2011

Em 19/07/11 13:06, Michael M Slusarz escreveu:
> Quoting Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:
>
>> Is it intended for imp to not display the time of the message in
>> preview window when the msg isn't from the same day?
>>
>> I can't see why it would hurt to show the message's time in preview
>> window, since there is a lot of space in there
>
> It is wasted information.  It has nothing to do with amount of space
> available.  It isn't good UI to simply "fill up" the space will
> available data.  (It is the same reason we no longer display e-mail
> addresses for recipients that have name information).  Especially when
> the date is also available in the message list.
>
> I would agree that time of the message may be important for messages
> within the last few days or so.  But for messages sent weeks, months,
> or years ago, it is completely useless information.

Sure, I also agree. In fact, I had never thought about that until asked
by this user. Maybe the time of the message is important for his kind of
businnes. I don't know. I just gave him reason because I thought the
time is not just any header, but an important one... Anyway, is it
acceptable to have an option and let the user decide whether or not to
display the message's time? If that's the case, I could open a ticket
and try and make some effort to provide a patch.

Thanks!