[imp] Problem with H4 IMP Dynamic mode

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 22 21:26:51 UTC 2011

I installed H4 and was testing it.  All seems good in traditional
mode.  I can use traditional mode IMP
without any problems at all.  But, as soon as I switch to Dynamic
Mode, IMP can no longer access my inbox.

Authentication via IMP still works, sending still works (I'm sending
this message via H4 IMP in dynamic mode),
but when I try to see my inbox it pops the following errors on the screen:

Error when communicating with the server.
Error when communicating with the server.
The server was unable to generate the message list.
The server was unable to generate the message list.

The only error log entry I can find is from apache, which complains:

PHP Fatal error:  session_start() [<a
href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to
initialize storage module: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) in
/httpd/horde4/pear/php/Horde/Session.php on line 150, referer:
https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/test/imp/

Any ideas what could be causing this problem in Dynamic but not
Traditional IMP?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts
I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books
I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
- John Burroughs