[imp] Imp: Lost the ability to mark messages as Unread/Read?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Sep 22 22:22:18 UTC 2011

Quoting Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

>> ines: 20
>>
>> Quoting Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:
>>
>>> I don't think the last update broke this as one of my users
>>> believes it was removed before, but I don't see a way to mark
>>> messages as read/un-read any longer.  I would normally right-click
>>> the message and get to select it those options, but I don't see
>>> the options there any longer.
>>
>> It's there.  It's marked 'Seen' and 'Not Seen' to more closely
>> match the IMAP RFC.
>
> Ahh yes, I see it.  I was looking for Read/Un-Read instead of a checkbox
> next to "Seen".  I blame the economy...I think.

As mentioned previously, we changed to Seen (from Read) because that
is the more correct interpretation from the IMAP RFC (3501).

 From an internal technical standpoint, the \Seen IMAP flag is weird.
It is really the only standard IMAP flag that is handled in a negative
manner - meaning that most people tend to mark flags as Unseen, which
is actually *clearing* the flag.  Most other flags are *added* to a
message by a user (e.g. flagged, draft, replied, forwarded).

michael