[imp] IMAP errors on Android Browser

Henry Tang htang at yucreation.com
Tue Sep 27 13:46:26 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: imp-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:imp-bounces at lists.horde.org] On
Behalf Of Christopher Neuhaus
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:10 AM
To: imp at lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] IMAP errors on Android Browser

Hi Chris!

Have you choosen "UTF-8" as default charset for messages with no charset
information in "Preferences for Mail"?
If not .. select it.

I think, after the last update, this setting was resettet / or not
necessary on our installation.

Best Regards!

Christopher

> Hi.
>
> I have imp configured and working nicely now, that is it works nicely
> with everything except when I'm using the "Mobile" interface.
>
> I have tried it on my android with two different browsers and on the
> desktop (still using the "Mobile" interface), and the results are the
> same.
>
> I login, click (or push) on "Mail", I see I have  unread messages on
> the "Inbox" bar.  I push/click on "Inbox", then I get this error:
>
> "IMAP error: Mailbox does not exist, or must be subscribed to."
>
> Which, of course, is nonsense, because it can see I have unread
> messages (and it works fine with the other interfaces).
>
> I have this coming up in my syslog:
>
> [imp] PHP ERROR: Trying to get property of non-object [pid 12284 on
> line 353 of "/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
> [imp] IMAP error: Mailbox does not exist, or must be subscribed to.
> [pid 12284 on line 340 of "/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
> [imp] PHP ERROR: json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument
> [pid 12284 on line 242 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/Serialize.php"]
> [imp] PHP ERROR: json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument
> [pid 12284 on line 289 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/Prefs/Scope.php"]
> I have googled this, but come up with nothing.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> -Chris

I am getting the same problem. I went to mail composition under mail and
could not change the utf-8 settings. Your default encryption method for
sending messages: section dropdown box has nothing in it.. Is this normal?