[imp] IMP 5 polling

Joe Besko jbesko at msu.edu
Thu Sep 29 19:47:55 UTC 2011

I've installed Horde Webmail Edition 4.0.3 in a test environment.

I've also noticed that it was taking about 18-20 seconds to go from
one message to the next (with an additional 15-20 seconds for the
sidebar to refresh.)

I thought it was odd that it behaved that way, since my previous
version of Horde Webmail 1.2.5 did not behave this way.

After some searching and some testing, I found that the "poll all
folders" option was the culprit to these long delays.  When I turn off
the "poll all folders", IMP and DIMP are very snappy and perform as I
would expect.

Now I have a question, is IMP supposed to poll all folders after
deleting/moving to another message?  It seems in the prior version, we
just polled all the folders after we processed the current list of
messages we were viewing.

The problem I run into when I don't poll all folders is that I don't
know where the filter has moved new messages outside the inbox.

Is this the intended behavior?

--

Joe Besko                      Phone:        517.432.5335
Systems Programmer             Fax:          517.353.9847