[imp] Server does not support TLS

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Sep 30 14:47:09 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> [...]

I wasn't trying to be intentionally vague.  Unfortunately, this is all
the support we can really provide on an IMP (or Horde) list.  This is
some issue with the low-level network connection itself (whether it be
the f*() functions, or the TLS library), which we have no access to in
Horde (and I have no experience with personally).

> So at this point, either Dovecot isn't seeing the login attempts
> that Horde is claiming, or PHP is doing its own complete random
> thing.  Assuming nothing faulty in my logic here (always a bad
> idea), how would suggest I debug PHP?
>
> As far as I can tell from the errors it relates to file writing and
> reading routines...  Any help would be appreciated.

If it's internal to PHP file reading/writing routines, you will most
likely need to file a bug with them or at least seek support there.
We can only control the commands sent to the IMAP server.  Nothing in
this report indicates that we are sending an incorrect IMAP command,
so as far as things we can do there is nothing (especially since
nobody else has reported this issue).

Or a workaround: if accessing the IMAP server on a secure network
(e.g. localhost, a private network) there is no need to use TLS at all
- it's just adding unnecessary overhead.

michael