[imp] Upgrade question

Gary Smith gary.smith at holdstead.com
Tue Oct 4 16:34:33 UTC 2011

> There is no more CVS. See: http://www.horde.org/development/git

Some time ago one of the guys in the horde channel sent me this snippet of code to pull the files from CVS. I'm looking to do the same from GIT now. Anyway, my knowledge of GIT is limited to that fact that I just installed it.

Looking at GIT, it appears that it will drop the files pretty much the same way CVS does (do a clone the first time, then to a pull each time after that).

Three questions:

1) is the a particular label that I'd want to use.  I want current stable, not latest dev
2) could I continue to use similar logic below, basically to automate the pull for current stable?
3) will my config's be broken from going from FW_3 to current?

Basically this is the snippet portion I use to update horde right now:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvsread at anoncvs.horde.org:/repository
echo "password is horde"
cvs login

cvs co -r FRAMEWORK_3 horde framework
cd /$BASE/download/horde/
cvs co -r FRAMEWORK_3 imp ingo kronolith mnemo nag turba
cd /$BASE/download/framework

pear channel-discover pear.horde.org

./install-packages.php -d /usr/share/php5/PEAR