[imp] question about requiring subscription to IMAP folders

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:35:23 UTC 2011

Good afternoon,

I am running Horde 4 and IMP 5.

Right now, our users must subscribe to their subfolders
before they will see them.

I wonder if this is necessary.  I see this in the user FAQ on the wiki:

http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/User/IMP?referrer=FAQ%2FUser#toc9

I would like to achieve the scenario described in the second paragraph:

"If your site's IMP configuration allows you to use multiple folders
but does not require you to subscribe to the ones you wish to access,
you will always see all of your folders in IMP's folder lists."

I searched for where to do this and do not see a clear answer. But I
have a guess.

In imp/config/prefs.php I see:

$_prefs['subscribe'] = array(
    'value' => 1,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("Use IMAP folder subscriptions?")
);

Should I try another value in there such as 0, would it cause IMAP
folders to be not allowed at all, or would it simply remove the need
to subscribe?

Would this be picked up if I made a prefs.local.php containing:

$_prefs['subscribe'] = array(
    'value' => 0,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("Use IMAP folder subscriptions?")
);

Thank you for your help in advance...