[imp] question about requiring subscription to IMAP folders

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:16:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> wrote:

>>> A false value for subscribe causes IMP to completely ignore IMAP
>>> subscription status on the server.

>>> You probably want this instead:
>>>
>>> $_prefs['subscribe']['value'] = 0;
>>> $_prefs['subscribe']['locked'] = true;
>>>
>>> This prevents users from changing the value.  And you should set only
>>> individual properties of the array, rather than overwriting the array,
>>> since
>>> this method will ensure that any changes made to the prefs.php file in
>>> the
>>> future OTHER than the values you have overwritten will be used.
>>>

>> This is working well.  I have another related question.
>>
>> For my test user I found the Preferences for Folder Display had a
>> check for  "use IMAP folder subscriptions".  I don't remember if I had
>> set that, but the default might have been this is checked.  Is there a
>> way to make it unchecked for all users so that the other settings are
>> causing all subfolders to display?
>
> If a user has already set a preference value, you will need to manually
> remove these entries from the preference backend.  These entries take
> precedence over the default entries in the prefs.php file, even if the entry
> is locked.
>
> michael

Good afternoon,

This is excellent information.

I have checked with the following query:

select * from horde_prefs where pref_scope='imp' and pref_name='subscribe';

I see only my test user and one other user has this set (both 0), so
there are no records normally.  I assume the setting in
prefs.local.php would take hold.

Have a good day.