[imp] managing the display of user name

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:09:23 UTC 2011

Hello,

I was looking for some speed improvements

and looking at a mail, I can see that each time our ldap turba source is
called:
op=1 SRCH base="dc=fr" scope=2 deref=0
filter="(&(|(eduPersonAffiliation=employee)(eduPersonAffiliation=researcher)(eduPersonAffiliation=faculty))(&(amuMail=*
dell_emea_public at emailing.invitdell.com*)))"

and worse, with a wild card. That should be searched for amuMail=
dell_emea_public at emailing.invitdell.com and no **
It was just to get a name rather than a mail by looking in the address
book. What is weird is that the display name is in the mail header. I
understand having a look when the name is empty, but not for other reason.
And also it is looking at the central ldap for a form of mail we don't use.
There should be a way to say, the mails domains to search for that source
are XXX

I will be obliged to substring index that attribute. That's not efficient.

--
Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux