[imp] How is Virtual Trash set up in IMP 5?

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:59:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM, francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu> wrote:

>>> OK, copy the settings out of what appears in the database.  Fine.  But
>>> how do I set up a Virtual Trash for my user?  If I assign my trash to
>>> be Virtual Trash, after deleting an item I get:
>>>
>>> 'The folder "Virtual Trash" was not created. This is what the server
>>> said: IMAP error: Permission denied'
>>>
>>> What am I missing?  It is something in the backends file for what we
>>> support over IMAP?  I can create regular IMAP folders.  I have
>>> searched "Virtual Folder" in the wiki, and in the config files, etc.
>>> I'm stumped.
>>
>> In IMP4, here is how I enabled Virtual Trash:

>> 2. Click on Options > Mail
>> 3. Click on Deleting and Moving Messages
>> 4. In the "Trash Folder:" drop-down list, choose "Use Virtual Trash"
>> 5. Click on Save Options
>>
>> You might have to logout and login to get the change to take effect.
>>
>>        Andy
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks.  That is what I had done as well.  It takes the setting, but
> deleting a message causes the error message from IMAP of permission
> denied.
>
> If I logout and back in, I see this error when entering my inbox:
>
> The folder "Virtual Trash" was not created. This is what the server
> said: IMAP error: Permission denied
>
> IMP is trying to do it, but something isn't quite right.

To see my preferences as a new user would, I removed everything for my
user in horde_prefs table.  Now when deleting a message, I don't see
an IMAP error.  But I don't see a Virtual Trash either.  I see a
Virtual Inbox under Virtual Folders, but I cannot drag messages there.
 Virtual Inbox seems to open, but is empty.  Although the message
disappears from the message list for a moment, it reappears again
later with a strike-out line through the deleted messages.  By
reverting to regular trash I can delete as before.