[imp] How is Virtual Trash set up in IMP 5?

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:32:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com>:
>
>> To see my preferences as a new user would, I removed everything for my
>> user in horde_prefs table.  Now when deleting a message, I don't see
>> an IMAP error.  But I don't see a Virtual Trash either.  I see a
>> Virtual Inbox under Virtual Folders, but I cannot drag messages there.
>
> You can't move messages to a virtual folder.  By definition, a virtual
> folder doesn't exist.  It is *virtual*.
>
>>  Virtual Inbox seems to open, but is empty.
>
> Then you have no unseen messages in mailboxes you are polling for new mail.

Someone suggested I go with Virtual Trash rather than Trash to glide
by the problem people often have with full quota and impossible to
delete to trash.

I'd think the way it works is I set up Virtual Trash as my trash in
Preferences, and after this, all deleted messages are copied to a
Virtual Trash rather than Trash folder.  If I found I made a mistake
and wanted to recover a deleted message, I would open up Virtual Trash
and get the message back.

My first problem with the expected scenario is there is no Virtual
Trash.  I have Virtual Folders, and under that, no Virtual Trash.  How
does one get a Virtual Trash?  I've already tried setting it as the
target for Deleting Messages in Preferences, and yet no Virtual Trash
shows, even after logout and login.