[imp] Reply to a message related.

asa at isac.gov.in asa at isac.gov.in
Fri Nov 18 03:32:07 UTC 2011

Dear michael,

The intention for this behaviour is correct.  But, I am facing problem
with this.  If the problem is resolved, then there is no issue.

The problem is (atleast in Traditional Mode), when I receive a mail
which is composed in HTML, and I have a setting not to use HTML
composition, when I click on Reply, the contents which were suppose to
be there as part of reply message (original mail content) are not
there.  That is, there is loss of content.  And this was not happening
in H3.

Right now, I am testing everything in Traditional mode only (as all of
my users in my setup, are using Traditional only in H3 (locked) ).

Regards,
ANANT.

> Quoting asa at isac.gov.in:
>
>> In H4,
>>
>> 1. User has not selected HTML composition by default.
>> 2. He receives a mail in HTML format.
>> 3. He replies, HTML editor IS NOT GETTING ACTIVATED.
>>
>> Is this the intented behaviour in new H4?
>
> Yes.  If a user has indicated that they don't want to compose
> messages in HTML, that really means they don't want to compose
> messages in HTML.  I don't see why the above example is any different.
>
> michael

message.