[imp] Date/Time show for Date: in a message.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Tue Dec 13 04:52:26 UTC 2011

----- Message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> ---------
    Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:20:42 -0700
    From: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Subject: Re: [imp] Date/Time show for Date: in a message.
      To: imp at lists.horde.org

> Quoting ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>
>> I am testing, Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.4 in traditional mode.
>>
>> One of my mails had this Date field
>>
>> Date: 	Today, 12:17:43 AM IST
>>
>> which I think, should have been
>>
>> Date: 	Today, 00:17:43 AM IST
>
> This is incorrect.  If using 24 hour time formats, there is no need
> for AM/PM.
>
>> Is this a local configuration issue?  Or this is CORRECT.
>
> It is whatever you have defined in the date field preferences in
> Horde.  Note that there is more than one date display preference, so
> dates may appear differently depending on the view/page.
>
> michael

I have set the following in prefs.local.php

$_prefs['language']['value'] = 'en_US';
$_prefs['language']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['timezone']['value'] = 'Asia/Kolkata';
$_prefs['timezone']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['twentyFour']['value'] = false;
$_prefs['twentyFour']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['date_format']['value'] = '%d/%m/%Y';
$_prefs['date_format']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['date_format_mini']['value'] = '%d/%m/%Y';
$_prefs['date_format_mini']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['time_format']['value'] = '%X';
$_prefs['time_format']['locked'] = true;

So, I am not using 24 Hour format.

For a mail with time stamp of 00:17:43 , it shows as

Date: Today, 12:17:43 AM IST

But, for a mail with time stamp 01:17:43, it shows as

Date: 	Today, 01:17:43 AM IST

So, I feel, former is wrong when you compare it with later.

Your views please.

-Anant.

----- End message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> -----

--