[imp] Move Horde/IMP user in another Horde/IMP installation

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Dec 14 11:16:49 UTC 2011

Zitat von Samuel Wolf <samuel_wolf at web.de>:

>> Quoting Samuel Wolf <samuel_wolf at web.de>:
>>
>>> I want move some Horde/IMP user in another Horde/IMP installation.
>>> What is the best way to do this?
>>> Database backend is MySQL.
>>
>> This sounds a bit imprecise. I would say there is nothing to do. If
>> you have a central shared MySQL db and a central shared IMAP server
>> there would be nothing that needs moving. But that is probably not
>> what you wanted to do. Can you clarify what the exact problem is?
>
> Hello Gunnar,
>
> I have at the moment a central shared MySQL and IMAP server.
> But now, only a group of users should move complete to a new second
> Web/MySQL/IMAP server.
>
> Moving the mails is no problem, but I want to move the horde
> preferences as well.

Moving preference is not a problem either, just filter the prefs table
by the pref_uid column. It's much more complicate to move shares and
events though, because there are foreign keys, data spread across
tables, objects that may be in share of other users that don't move,
etc.
Though these groupware apps might not be an issue for you, since you
asked on the IMP mailing list.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/